Saturday, September 1, 2012

o9.o1.12. saturday.



Well. I just wanted to write a post & inform everyone of the situation that happened last week & last Saturday. & How it's forever moved me.

Everyone knows how tight the Pearson Auto Mechanics are at the shop my dad owns. He has very few employees making those relationships they have even closer. James. Mark. Brady. - Main mechanics. Taylor & Rob work on the weekends. Well this Pearson Auto Family was forever changed. The night of August 20th, 2012, Brady was in a car accident, which took his life. Brady was the youngest mechanic at my dad's shop. He just recently graduated high school this year. He had worked there for a few years. Now, I knew Brady although I will not claim I knew him well. Because I didn't. I did however take pictures of him for my dad's upcoming Pearson Auto website that is in the making, a few days prior to the accident. When I heard of this accident, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. The funeral was on Saturday, August 25th, 2012. Walking into the church & see the video playing of Brady growing up & all he has been through in his life. This young kid beat brain cancer at such a young age. He had overcome so many things. Walking into the room with the casket, it was opened. & He looked so good. He was wearing his work uniform, which he loved & was always seen in. This was such an honor to my dad. He has his work jacket on as well. Pearson Auto hat lay in the side of the casket. Along with a few things that had so much meaning to him. We were all passed green ribbons to wear on. Seeing James absolutely broke my heart. He was so heart broken. We then proceeded to the burial grounds. There were hundreds of people gathered there when we drove up. It was a beautiful ceremony. Full of laughs & tears. They had everyone get up & sign the casket at the end. Who ever wanted to sign it could.





My dad loved having Brady work there. Brady was like a son to my father. Brady & Taylor both are like sons to my dad. Sons that he never had. This whole thing made my mind run. I had work after the services & I was a mess. I was crying. I was swollen eyed. It was not pretty. It just made life seem so unfair. No one should have to bury someone so young. A child. Parents should never have to bury their children. His life had just begun, He had just graduated high school. Eighteen years old. He had not lived his life, he never had a family, children, grandchildren. It just doesn't seem fair. I got really bitter towards why things happen. It's so hard not being able to see the big picture of why things happen. It was good however, to talk to my parents. My dad even said 'there has to be a big picture.' He knows there has to be a bigger picture than what is just here on Earth. & That was a lot to hear him say. Seeing that he doesn't believe in a higher power very often, if at all. It just doesn't seem very fair. Why do these things happen. Why does Heavenly Father take someone so young & so precious? Life lessons? To teach people & have people ask questions? I'm unsure about why things like this happen. He's so young. I just can't stop thinking about how young he really is. Eighteen. Four years younger than I am. Two years younger than my sister. I can't imagine that the parents are going through. Brad (Brady's dad) did give me a rose off the casket when I was leaving. I have it to Taylor along with my green ribbon. It will mean more to him. When getting in a car, please be careful everyone. One accident can change the lives of many people, forever. This whole situation is so tragic & sad. I have thought so much about life & how final life can be when someone passes on. It's not like 'I will see you tomorrow.' No, there won't be another tomorrow. Cherish & let those you love know that they are loved. Cherish those relationships/friendships. When talking to my mom about all of this, I told her this:

"It's like we all have invisible ticking clocks above our heads, counting down our days here on this Earth. No one can see them, but they're there. Above everyone's head."

We are in the process of putting up some things at the shop to represent Brady. There will always be the 'Brady Baugh Bay', which will include a shadow box. Picture to come when projects are finished. Spend time with those who you love. & Let them know they mean something to you before time runs out. Brady will surely be missed & will forever be in the hearts of those he had the chance of coming in contact with while he was here for his short time on Earth.

RIP Brady James Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment